Monday, March 05, 2018

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Melissa Marks Thyme




Hi! Are you headed towards Spring in your part of the world? Or would you like to grow some fresh herbs indoors? I may have a project that will interest you. I've made some herb garden markers to share with you. 

I hope that you enjoy seeing the process I used to create these cute little garden markers and are inspired to do a little crafting of your own.


I used the following STAMPlorations products for this tutorial: 
STAMPlorations: Trendy Leaves 2


1. For the "Thyme marker" I started by die cutting the tag out of heavy white card stock and stenciling a variety of greens and silver ink leaves onto the tag. I also cut out an uppercase "T."






2. I then embellished the herb tag/marker with black permanent marker, gel pens (silver, gold and white) and silver Smooch Spritz.







3. I adhered the "T" and then laminated the tag(s), fussy cut the tag and taped on a rigid push in marker plant stick.





4. I followed the same basic procedure to make the markers for my Parsley, Sage and Rosemary.











Already for my herb pots or garden!

That's all I have for you for today. I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial and look forward to reading your comments.

I hope that you have a great day.

Thanks for stopping by!

Grace & Peace,


ARTplorations/CUTplorations/STAMPlorations products:
    
    

5 comments:

  1. Such a creative and fun idea and fabulous backgrounds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful herbs labels for your herb garden, Melissa. Would be wonderful for a plant gift too. TFS your gorgeous project and all the steps. So appreciated. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun, Melissa! They would be a great gift for family/friend herb gardeners!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)